Reaching Out From FUNAAB to The World

Saturday 20 February 2016

MEMORIES

Memories of the past, tears well up about to be shed,hateful words said, truth left untold. If you'd only said "no" and spared me the heartbreak,
maybe these memories won't feel like drinking vinegar laced with shards of glass while an arrow is lodged in my chest.
But if I could do it again, I won't change a single thing, not the lies, the deceits, heartbreak and tears,moments spent waiting by your sickbed while singing you to sleep with my horrible voice, hours spent rehearsing those jokes with the hope that you'll find them funny enough, days I could move a muscle to get myself a meal but would still walk the distance to your house just to see your face, hoping seeing me brings you joy as seeing you does me.
If you'd only said "no",I would have been spared the heartbreak but I wouldn't have had those moments you made me feel like king of the world with just a smile.
I'm glad you said "yes" despite the memories both good and bad.

WRITTEN BY : LMA
DEPARTEMT : MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
UNIVERSITY : FUNAAB
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.