Reaching Out From FUNAAB to The World

Monday 8 February 2016

THE DARE


 When guys gather together, they talk about a whole lot of things ranging from girls to cars to sport to school and back to girls and then end it with the talk of girls.That don't mean they flirts, its just normal to talk about the things that catch your eyes.....and to guys, the opposite sex is a topic we cant just seem to finish.
About the other day at Funaab's farm mart,

I was chilling with the gang and this pretty lady walks by, at first we stop our chat and stare at God's creation, then comes the interesting part, 'a dare'.
I dare you to talk to her.
Ladies if you don't know, the guy that talked to you today might not have wanted to, maybe somebody dared him, but he pulled it off cleanly and tied every loose ends, he made you smile and you already seem to like him, now he's your kinda guy, if the gang hadn't dared him, there's a chance you'll be with the wrong guy now.

Anyways, I accepted the dare, she was chatting with a colleague, so I played profiling with my gang, we made random guesses about her level and department. Its the start of a new session and its expected we see many fresh faces. She was fresh but she was definitely not a fresher.
She took quite a while with her friend, so I let go of the dare and a member of my gang decided to spice it up with a wager, I was gonna talk to her for bragging rights and a thousand Naira, and as soon as he placed his wager, she was alone and walking towards motion ground, I yanked the currency and headed out towards her.

It was my first time, I was scared, but I kept my steps steady, when I got within her range, I greeted her and asked for a couple of minutes of her time,she declined but I wasn't giving up just yet.
I offered to walk her to wherever she was headed and she accepted, I didn't introduce myself just yet, because I was pondering on what to say next and I decided not to lie, I told her about the dare and how this was my first time and it was funny to her, because I didn't look like the kind of guy that would be talking to a random girl for the first time.

We talked and she laughed at every one of my intended jokes, even though she was a finalist and I was just a mechanical engineer not even half way through his time of stay in the school, she didn't seem to make it a criteria because my intentions were clear, and when we were close to her destination I introduced myself and she did in return.

I didn't ask for her contact though,and when i said my goodbyes to her and turned to walk away,she called me and said 'where's your phone?
she typed in her phone number and said 'ROGUE right'.....I smiled and said YES........

I smiled as I walked down to meet my guys, I got a contact I didn't even have to ask for, i got my bragging rights on check and a thousand naira to boost my wallet,
I still hope and pray to meet her some other day,
maybe we could play our GAME OF DARE.

Share:

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.