Reaching Out From FUNAAB to The World

Saturday 20 February 2016

DARE(2)



Hi, do you mind if I talk to you?
She looked up at me, smiled then said ' no problem '

I wasn't quite sure of what to say to her next, I also knew it wouldn't be a good idea to not say anything to her. She looked tired but still her smile stood elegantly on her face, she'd had a rough day, the trek from Funaabs first gate to the second gate had already taken it's toll on her, I knew I had to go easy on her.

 You remember me from IG right, she looked at my face again and said, "yeah, kinda" , I didn't have to ask for her name, her instagram username had given me all the clue's I needed, I formed her name out of it and she gave me a thumbs up. The feeling of hostility was gone already, she was smiling and laughing out from time to time, she helped out a great deal, I didn't get to do all of the talking, although I was talking to her for the first time, she didn't make it look so.


 I wouldn't be talking to her if my friends didn't want me to write a part 2 for "THE DARE" I posted a while back, we were at motion ground, chilling, enjoying the breeze when she walked in to seat under one of the tree's, she was on her phone every 2minutes interval, I figured she was waiting for someone. The thing is, though, they dared me, I'd always wanted to talk to her, they just gave me the right push at the right time, she was my crush during my predegree time in MAWUKO, not like I'd want her to know that though, but if I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't just be introducing myself to her right now.

 She was funny, alive, encouraging and discouraging at the same time, she became a friend from the moment I said hi, not every girl is a open book like her, or atleast, keeps some pages open for strangers.
We talked about a whole lot of things, family to school to friends to our views on different subjects, and the rest I'll leave to your imagination...........
 She introduced me to another friend of our's, we even had a mutual friend.
 Truth is, am glad my friends dared me to talk to her, I wouldn't have made a new friend, and you wouldn't be reading this right now. The last dare post had a message for the LADIES, this one is for the guys, when you like a girl, talk to her without any ulterior motive, if you can't go all by yourself, have your friends push you, and if you have friends like mine who would always dare you, don't blow off everyone of their dares, you don't know who you'll be meeting when you take that step and say that "HI" .

By rogueneezy
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.