Reaching Out From FUNAAB to The World

Saturday 2 July 2016

PUT YOUR KNICKERS ON BABE,IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME (SHORT STORY)


It was the first Monday of the new session. Everyone was on the normal hurly-burly routine of getting its registration done. Everyone looks attractive today, I guess a lot of people really enjoyed their holiday, look at this guy of last semester, see how fat he is now, so people can get to change, so life could turn around for some people, this is really astonishing.
Richard and Andre both chuckled in the most populous hall of the university. I don’t think we are having any lectures today; those lecturers won’t resume lectures immediately even despite the long strike which lasted for about three months. Well, am happy we have resumed but not happy lectures will be starting soon, you know the stress of coming to class so early, its killing. The best friends were really enjoying their chat so dearly until Andre decided to use the toilet.

Let get out of this hall, nothing is happening here, let’s just walk round the school premises, its being a while we talked on the way, I really missed your gist and frank talks, Andrew complimented with a smile on his face towards Richard. Yea, it’s being a while Andrew, let move around.The friends were still having a good walk time out on the environment not until when two good looking girls passed by with nice postured bodies. The first girl on the right was as light skinned as the sun flower while the other girl dark in complexion as if yummy chocolate was carved from her. I think we mustn’t let this go, Andre cut in immediately. I guess they are fresh students with those awkward looks on their face, I think we should walk up to them, they seem really easy to catch and Richard spoke in his soft voice.

Hello, my name is Andre and this is my friend Richard. I guess you girls must be tired with those looks on your face, sorry about that, it’s a matter of time that you will get past it, Andre said boldly. The conversation went smoothly; everyone was having a good time. I need to take a passport photograph, the light-skinned girl said. Oh! That’s great, you look really beautiful and I don’t think you need that make-up you are still adding to your face. Andre said. She left for some couple of minutes. Andre had to wait till she comes back. Richard has moved to were the other girl was, they were having a cool conversation all along. Yes, thank you guys for keeping us fun, and we appreciate. The light skinned girl said on her arrival. I think I and my friend must get going by now. Alright you two have a great day ahead, Richard said. Wait, can I have your cell phone number Andre said, we can hang out sometime again, it was fun talking with you. No, don’t bother about it, my number isn’t important to you now, the light skinned girl said. No, please I insist let me have it. The light skinned girl then said okay, this is it and typed it on Andre’s phone. I hope this number is real, do not play me, Andre said and walked away from their presence, we will see again, He concluded.

Andrew, you mustn’t trust this girl, she is not the girl for you. Richard said as though he was not involved anymore. Behold, Andrew called the number she gave him later that day and indeed an old man’s voice was all he heard. He screamed from within. We will see again. Andre rapt it up.

Ajayi Olubiyi
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive