Reaching Out From FUNAAB to The World

Friday 25 November 2016

THE WOMAN THEORY (Part 1)

#BasedOnATrueStory
#LiveAndLifeConvos
#BOATS #LALC
At the end of this, I would love to have a feminist view or say of this, please share it, like it and comment as well.

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy: (sees a lady, sitting beside him on the Danfo's front seaters, eating the locally made Igbo salad - don't know what it's called so lets skip the name) are you a traditional delicacy kind of person? (I waited patiently and asked when she was done and already cleaned her hands with wipes - modern lady kinda thing right? (You'll be disappointed later on, aii no more spoilers)
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Lady: yeah, I am.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': wow, thats awesome tho, so what tribe?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Lady: Yoruba.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
(She tripping? Tryna play hard to get or what? And how's Yoruba a solo tribe?)
Jaiy': uh, you know Yoruba is a wide one, so what's the specific tribe?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Lady: I dunno, I'm sha Yoruba.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': hehe, OK well uh what state do u come from? Like there's Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti, Rivers, etc. (So she won't go mentioning a 'wide' state as well)
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Lady: I come from Lagos.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': I see, aii, it's cool. I'm D by the way, you?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Lady: I'm F.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': nice to meet you.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: same here, thanks.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': F, thats a 'cool and hard to find' name (whining her as she was already deterring from the conversation by plugging one ear to her phone about to plug the next - I mean what do you ladies like to feel like?)
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: yeah ...
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': so F what do you do, school? Work, anything?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: I'm a graduate, awaiting my NYSC posting ...
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': ehen, really? (And here I am, 200level stud, holding a Convo with a grad, I hope this would be good) what school and where would you love to be posted?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: I grad'ed from Unilag, Microbiology department ... I wanna go serve in the North.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': woah, really? Yeah, why North? There's East, there's the West here, and asides knowing the unrest of terrorism there, why North? What about the Central Belt?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: uh, I'm tired of Lagos, I don't want to stay close to home, I know about the stuffs going on there, I even want Kaduna or Kano.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
(Shxx I'm so sure you won't last )
Jaiy': I see, aii, it's cool. (About plugging the second ear) well what do you do asides school and awaiting posting?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: sleeping.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': really sleeping? OK that's cool, and what do you do when you aren't sleeping?
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
F: uh, go out, stay home, watch movies, hang out with friends.
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': aii, you know, usually the ladies I meet these days, when I ask such questions, mostly give these two answers - I do make up or I read novels but you sleep, thats weird but it's cool. It's OK.
(She fully plugs in and I rest my case and just laughed hard inwards which led me to an unpleasant disappointment against her, I was really very disappointed but its not my life, I just pray God helps her)
◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾
Jaiy': (I scribbled a note on my phone since she was all ears plugged in - I ain't against plugging all ears in, just make sure you're aware of your surrounding) - well I'm a photographer by profession and a student at funaab. Just thought u shld know as I felt it'll be unfair since I asked you about urs -
(Alights from the bus, we had gotten to Oshodi - for me that was a hilarious ride from Ikeja)
⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫
You a woman, you think all should come easy for you, well nah! even in giving birth, it ain't that easy. So "Why so sad, walking around with 'em blue faces ... She said I'm down on my luck and is something I gotta have, blue faces ... I hit the bank and tell 'em colour me bad, blue faces ... Get that new money and breaking me down honey ... " - K.
In other news, can't get a job, go create one, 'cause I can't marry a jobless woman 
⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫
Music Muse: Untitled 08 (9.6.2014) - Kendrick Lamar

Share:

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.