Reaching Out From FUNAAB to The World

Monday 7 November 2016

The Expressive Perspective Series 1 Episode 1

I want to write something,
I want to write something,

Ok, I want to write on the "Yoruba" culture.



Ok, that's wide, I want to write on the "Dobale" norm
in the "Yoruba" culture.
What truly is the essence of that norm in the culture?
Why do it? To respect the elders? Ok, what if, you truly don't have or lose respect for the so called "elders"?
You still bow for them?
ok, lets diverge to the Bible, did not God say,"I'm a JEALOUS God"?
Worship me and me alone? Didn't Daniel's friends refuse to bow for the statue of whosoever was the King then.

(WN: lol, noticed policemen as I walk, yes I'm writing on and walking my way back home from school today; Monday, the 7th of November, 2016; after a hilarious test ironically speaking; don't ask, won't tell; good let's go on)
Where was I? Yes, now I remember, the scenario between Daniel's friends and the king of that timeline.
Now as I am about to end this freestyle, I would love you to give your comments on this below in the comment box.
To end it, I'll just say I bowed face flat to a lecturer today (talk of humility?)

Why? To collect my seized phone (WN: which you all realise i needed to have blogged this) because I only used my phone to listen to music whilst doing the "hilarious" test, that's where the story on him ends; lets continue, the questions I would finally love to ask
are thus:
#1 What was the essence of me bowing to the man?
#2 What did the man want to feel or have when I bowed?
#3 What is the essence of "Dobale"ing to elders in the "Yoruba" culture?

(PS: I am Yoruba and WN - Writer's note)
Music Muse: The Blacker The Berry - K.

- A young one at heart.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.